Basic painting and drawing principles and techniques from the Renaissance to the present by John Hagan
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. aerial perspective -6 lessons perspective - the basics perspective - lets go outside veils of atmosphere sunrise and sunset reverse sunset and night clouds, mist and other veils
2. color - 2 lessons color the hows and whys color a different approach
3. looking harder - 3 lessons painting waves shadows and transparency
4. light and shade - 4 lessons backlight works its magic side light and turning points front light, and artist's light cascading light and shade
pattern and texture design and golden mean 
6. analysis -5 lessons what to paint and why analysis of 'girl with pearl earing' depth of field abstract and texture work chaos and disorder
7. practical application -31 lessons practical painting  portraiture 
demo Alexander  demo nude L2][5J framing and selling 
8. personal paintings used here press [here] for giclee prints advanced art lessons
Send a short message with the phrase "please e-mail" if you'd like to read news of new free art lessons, new paintings(no more often than monthly) © 2000 All artork is by John Hagan unless attributed or known pre- 20th century masterpieces! NEW Information for new CD releases!
LATEST: A full view of all paintings available as prints can be seen by pressing here.
Was this article helpful?
Become the artist you want to be Canvas Painting for the Beginner. Have you always wanted to paint but did not know the first thing about it? Have you sketched thousands of pictures in your sketch book and wanted to put them on canvas? Now you can with the help of this book. We teach you everything to get you started in the wonderful world of fine arts. You can learn to express yourself with color.